Thursday, September 13, 2012

Adventures in April...

So, when I last left you we were touring Lafayette via restaurants.  Any southern Louisianan will be happy to tell you that the food is just downright good!  So moving to the Caribbean does have one drawback...I know, I can feel your sympathy....still feeling the sympathy, wait, that's not sympathy! 

Crawfish, Chick-Fil-A, and Pizzavillage are only some of the stops we like to make.  As we continue on, we like to frequent this certain place called Bonefish Grill.  Oh, Bonefish Grill is so good that that is the only food I'm going to talk about today.  MMMM so good.  We miss Bonefish so much that we have tried to duplicate two of their recipes here on the island:  Bang Bang Shrimp and the Saucy Shrimp.  Both were very good but not the same.  What do you think?




I have to admit, we really only go to this restaurant for the appetizers and the occasional special Chocolate Crème Brulee.  I can say that their salads and martinis are excellent as well!  So stop #4 is always Bonefish Grill and I know you really miss seeing the crawfish and by now I’m sure I had eaten more of it so here it is:




After being in Lafayette for a couple of weeks, I returned to Roatan alone to prepare the way for my family and trying to find something for us to do here permanently.  Basically, I had a much needed alone vacation for two weeks.  This occurred at the very end of March and the beginning of April.  If you have ever been to this area at this time you would know what event was soon to happen!  Yes…Easter, as we Americans call it, or Semana Santa, which is Holy Week.  This is a really big deal here.  Imagine New Orleans and the preparations they make for Mardi Gras…same idea.  I tried to find a good picture of what the beach looked like…this is what I could find.



I’m sure at some point it was twenty times worse.  I managed to escape just in time (spoken like someone that has experienced one too many Mardi Gras) and spent Semana Santa in Louisiana with my family doing the average Easter things like Easter egg hunting, hanging out with family, getting a scuba lesson (doesn’t everyone…) and eating…you guessed it, crawfish!




 
 


Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment