Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Day in the Life...

Oh, the things I have gotten accustomed to here on the island.  Sugar ants in my coffee...no problem, they make it sweeter, right?  Wake up at 5 in the morning because hey, the sun's up and so is the neighbor's bird...no big deal.  Pass up a truck full of people hanging over the sides, in a curve; I'm a pro...even Dolly, our nanny who is from here, holds on and breathes deeply!  I can't even explain to you what is at the bottom of the egg cartons...very scary; but yet, I still cook and eat the eggs.

Someone mentioned to me the other day that even this place has certain drawbacks, things that you have to accept and take for what it is; because in the end, its still paradise.  So, I started thinking about it this morning, as I picked a fly out of my coffee, and of course its true.  The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...  I suppose that I am so in love with warm weather and blue water that I don't even notice the negative; but eventually I suppose I will.  I guess most people would get fed up with sand on the floor, on the couch, in their bed.  Little bugs that you don't see that leave an annoying little dot on your skin that itches incessantly, probably don't appeal to many. No shopping malls, McDonalds, or true convenience stores does make life different; but unpleasant..not so much.  I personally am completely satisfied to never walk into another Wal-mart as long as I live; but I know the first stop after deplaning in the States will be to that dreaded place...or maybe not.


Our "vacation" here is about to come to an end and then we must go back to the States and continue on with our decision to move here permanently.  Sell stuff, sell stuff, sell stuff.  There is so much stuff that we collected over the years and now that we look upon it all, we realize that it took us to be here to know that it's just stuff and we truly don't need any of it...well maybe we'll keep the Henckels.  I spend nearly every day at the beach, so sad that I have to leave it for several months.  I truly love it here; quality has such a different meaning now.  Did I mention Chris does karaoke here...so embarrassing, but yet funny.


K, enough of that...got to get to bed; remember, 5 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome insight into your current state of life and peace of mind. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to come visit once y'all finally get settled there permanently. Love ya cuz and GOD Bless you and the family.

    ReplyDelete